You will need stencils along with Marabu Structure Gel, Light Structure Paste or Modelling Paste for this technique.
The stencil is placed on an object and filled with the gel or paste using a spatula. Smooth out the paste or gel and peel the stencil off. Finished!Stencilling technique on silk
Add new highlights with versatile stencils from Marabu. There is nothing in the way of stencilling on silk on a firm support!
Here`s how it`s done:
1. Stretch the silk onto a firm support as described.
2. Spray stencil with Marabu Silk Easy Fix, Marabu Adhesive Spray or Marabu Fix-it and allow to dry briefly. Place it in the chosen position and firmly press onto the silk painted with Marabu Silk, dyed with Marabu Silk Color or onto the white silk fabric. Cover the stencils with kitchen paper to make it easy to smooth out the paint.
3. Do not use too much paint: When painting with Marabu Velvet Touch, Marabu Contours & Effects and thickened Marabu Silk using a stencilling brush, dab off surplus paint onto scrap paper first. When you work with a paint roller, roll the paint out smoothly onto a paper plate, for example, before stencilling. This prevents excess paint from getting under the stencil.
4. Remove the stencil when still wet.
5. The stencil can be re-used several times when sprayed just once with Marabu Silk Easy Fix, Marabu Adhesive Spray or Marabu Fix-it. After completion, rinse stencil under cold water.
Removing the adhesive spray
The adhesive spray used can easily be washed off with lukewarm water.Cleaning the stencils
Acrylic paints and other water-based paints which are not water-soluble have to be washed off the stencil immediately, while the paint is still wet. Any adhesive spray can be removed with cold water.Securely fixing stencils
Spray the stencil with Marabu Stencil Adhesive Spray, Marabu Fix-it or Marabu Silk Easy Fix, place it on the base material and cover with a paper towel. Simply press to achieve full-surface adhesion, even for delicate design sections of the stencil.Tone-on-tone creations
Apply Marabu Silk as a base coat and after drying stamp or stencil with thickened Marabu Silk paint in the same colour. The design will appear one shade darker and creates a great tone-on-tone effect.Variations of the stencil designs
To slightly change the stencil designs, you can cover parts of the design with masking tape before fixing the stencil on the surface.
Stencils on rendered walls
Can Marabu stencils be used on rendered walls as well?
Smooth walls and non-textured wallpaper are best for creative wall designs with stencils. For textured materials such as woodchip or rough plastering we recommend using Marabu Design Stamps.